As a follow-up reminder, the College Counseling Office will hold our annual 5th Form Parents’ College Workshop on the evening of Friday, February 14th, and morning/afternoon of Saturday, February 15th. Below you will find all the information you need to know about the workshop:
- How to RSVP (**Please RSVP in advance)
- Schedule of the Program
- Documents to Participate in the Mock Admissions Committee Session
- Locations of the Program
Over the past several years, parents have found the mock admissions committee process to be quite insightful and very helpful. However, this exercise is only meaningful if you read the “applications” in advance. Since each application (there are four of them) is about 20 pages long, we would love it if you could read them online, or download them to a mobile device. You can access the instructions for the “admissions committee” and the four “applications” below.
This year we are welcoming four highly accomplished admissions representatives:
- Brianne Ellis, Associate Director of Admissions, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Michelle Prince, Assistant Director of Admissions, Syracuse University
- Robert Springall, Vice President for Enrollment Management, Muhlenberg College
- John Yi, Senior Assistant Director of Admissions and Director of Recruitment, Yale University
Our guests will discuss the current landscape of competitive college admissions, lead a mock admissions committee session, provide workshops on financial aid and athletic recruitment, and offer time for Q&A.
Please RSVP in advance through our online form.
Mock Admissions Committee Documents
(Please review and use these documents in order to participate in the Mock Admissions Committee)
- Your Assignment, Description of Selective Admissions, and the profile of Lintner College
- Admissions Committee Reader Worksheets
- Mock College Admission Applications